Boys (and Girls) of Spring
I realize that I promised to update the Easy intramural schedule as it progressed, but considering how the remainder of the basketball season went, I think you will understand and thank me for not doing so.
Softball began a few weeks ago, and after two extra-innings, walk-off losses, both pitched by yours truly, Easy finally broke into the win column for our first win in any sport since mid-October.
We learned many things from today's victory:
1. The team plays better when I don't walk every third batter.
2. Will and I always play better when under the influence.
3. Our girls have consistently been the best female athletes on the field - and often the best athletes period. I feel bad for them actually. They have been paired with a group of male jackasses.
4. Zeena has a cannon in right field.
5. The 10-run rule is a lot more fun when you are on the good end.
Final Boxscore:
Easy 12 28 0
Opponent 2 9 1
Final Stats for THB:
4-4, HR, 3B; 7 K, 2 BB, 1.67 ERA
Finally, a game I can be proud of.
Softball began a few weeks ago, and after two extra-innings, walk-off losses, both pitched by yours truly, Easy finally broke into the win column for our first win in any sport since mid-October.
We learned many things from today's victory:
1. The team plays better when I don't walk every third batter.
2. Will and I always play better when under the influence.
3. Our girls have consistently been the best female athletes on the field - and often the best athletes period. I feel bad for them actually. They have been paired with a group of male jackasses.
4. Zeena has a cannon in right field.
5. The 10-run rule is a lot more fun when you are on the good end.
Final Boxscore:
Easy 12 28 0
Opponent 2 9 1
Final Stats for THB:
4-4, HR, 3B; 7 K, 2 BB, 1.67 ERA
Finally, a game I can be proud of.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home