Monday, January 31, 2005

Quitting Law School...Joining WNBA

We in 2D feel that we must spread our awesomeness to all areas possible, even if it means stretching to unknown reaches of the Forty Acres universe. Thus, Easy has entered the realm of intramural basketball.

I haven't played organized basketball in a decade - Dr. Karl Bleyl Junior High School Brahmas (Cypress, TX) - 7th Grade - '94-'95 District Champs - Undefeated. Since then, it's been rec leagues and undergrad pickup games and intramurals, which I don't consider organized (so I guess, technically, this is organized either, but you get my point...it's been a while).

Anyway, Easy stood valiantly on the battlefield tonight. Unfortunately, basketball is a game that requires running. Once that began, we were at a disadvatage. It also didn't help that the other team had three guys bigger than me, and one that could actually play.

Final Score: Easy 23, Those Guys 46

Regardless (or, irregardless, if we were playing 2C), Easy definitely was the more attractive team on the court, and easily the most awesome. Look for further adventures of painstaking basketball on Monday nights at 6:30pm.

As for personal stats, I had a nice rebound and put-back, a picture-perfect three, and a "Hand of God" shot (meaning the shot would not have gone in if not for.....). Other than that, there was a lot of ugly.

Final Stats:
7 points 6 boards 1 assist

I like to call it the triple-single.....expect more of those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home