The Next Time I Hear "Break," It Should Be Followed By "Dancing"
What an eventful Winter Break. Since everyone will no doubt ask each other about what they did over break, I will go ahead and write mine down.
I arrived in Dallas on the 21st, got some Christmas shopping done over the next three days, then promptly fell ill for a week. I am talking about a complete breakdown of the immune system, which I blame on stupid exams and 25 degree weather. Christmas Day involved sitting in a recliner with Vicks Vapor Rub shoved up my nose (even though it explicitly says not to do so on the bottle). The next few days involved much of the same until roughly 7pm, at which point, I felt well enough to walk. Luckily, each morning began in the same way - I awoke suddenly at 6am due to an inability to breathe through my nose.
Toward New Year's Day, I started to feel better, as the antibiotics kicked in. With the arrival of the New Year, however, it was back to sickness. I am pretty sure I lost about ten pounds in mucus weight alone. I finally overcame the obstacle of illness and am back to my normal, zombie-slaying, ass-kicking self. Hooray.
A couple of quick asides:
1. I am just as excited as the next guy that UT won the Rose Bowl, but before anyone gets too excited about our chances next year, let me remind you of a few things. 1) Texas was a 10-13 point favorite, depending on where you looked, so it never should have come down to a last second field goal. 2) Our defense was terrible. They got picked apart by a FRESHMAN quarterback. And one from the Big Ten, which is even worse. And DJ isn't coming back. The D needs to step it up a notch if Mack wants to see the end of that decade extension (which he won't, of course).
Basically, the team didn't play well, Vince played well. Sometimes that is all it takes, but sometimes doesn't happen 13 games in a row.
2. As I am sure everyone is aware, The Real World begins filming in Austin this month. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be on the show by punching one of those losers in the face. I told this to my mother and she laughed, thinking I wasn't serious. Then I went on a 15 minute diatribe about how the people who go on that show are the lowest level of American society and we should be so offended that their worthlessness is praised, that we should burn the MTV building in NYC to the ground. She then gave me a "you know violence is wrong" speech. As a result, I have amended my resolution to getting Sioux drunk enough that she gets in a fight with one (or multiple) member(s) of the Real World house. I think the chances of that happening are much higher anyway.
I arrived in Dallas on the 21st, got some Christmas shopping done over the next three days, then promptly fell ill for a week. I am talking about a complete breakdown of the immune system, which I blame on stupid exams and 25 degree weather. Christmas Day involved sitting in a recliner with Vicks Vapor Rub shoved up my nose (even though it explicitly says not to do so on the bottle). The next few days involved much of the same until roughly 7pm, at which point, I felt well enough to walk. Luckily, each morning began in the same way - I awoke suddenly at 6am due to an inability to breathe through my nose.
Toward New Year's Day, I started to feel better, as the antibiotics kicked in. With the arrival of the New Year, however, it was back to sickness. I am pretty sure I lost about ten pounds in mucus weight alone. I finally overcame the obstacle of illness and am back to my normal, zombie-slaying, ass-kicking self. Hooray.
A couple of quick asides:
1. I am just as excited as the next guy that UT won the Rose Bowl, but before anyone gets too excited about our chances next year, let me remind you of a few things. 1) Texas was a 10-13 point favorite, depending on where you looked, so it never should have come down to a last second field goal. 2) Our defense was terrible. They got picked apart by a FRESHMAN quarterback. And one from the Big Ten, which is even worse. And DJ isn't coming back. The D needs to step it up a notch if Mack wants to see the end of that decade extension (which he won't, of course).
Basically, the team didn't play well, Vince played well. Sometimes that is all it takes, but sometimes doesn't happen 13 games in a row.
2. As I am sure everyone is aware, The Real World begins filming in Austin this month. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be on the show by punching one of those losers in the face. I told this to my mother and she laughed, thinking I wasn't serious. Then I went on a 15 minute diatribe about how the people who go on that show are the lowest level of American society and we should be so offended that their worthlessness is praised, that we should burn the MTV building in NYC to the ground. She then gave me a "you know violence is wrong" speech. As a result, I have amended my resolution to getting Sioux drunk enough that she gets in a fight with one (or multiple) member(s) of the Real World house. I think the chances of that happening are much higher anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home