Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Under New Management

Here's the deal. I had some free time this summer and I chose the spend it drinking beer, playing golf, and watching the Disastros become the wild card leader, lose it, then regain the lead. I didn't have time to write crap here, plus, I didn't have much to say. I chalk this up to a lack of vision. But vision I have found.

I figured out that I needed a plan, so I have given myself a topic a day for four days a week. I have three-day weekends now, so don't expect much from Friday to Sunday.

The basic framework:

Mondays: Damned With Faint Praise
- Much of the cultural output in America blows goats these days. I thought I would point out our cultural failings here and why they aren't as bad as we may think (or why they are).

Tuesdays: Luckiest Dog Ever
- My roommate got a Golden Retriever puppy three weeks ago and has not stopped talking about it since. He is also a sports freak and has scientifically determined that there is a direct corollation between Vanderbilt being 3-0 / the Redskins being 2-0 and the purchase of his dog. (Admittedly, the science is a little shaky.) Thus, the moniker of this topic, which will deal with sports (both athletics and the Huey Lewis and the News album).

Wednesday: Democracy Should Come With An Owner's Manual
- The obligatory law/politics topic. This will typically be underinformed and quite possibly be completely wrong. But that still makes it more accurate/entertaining than most.

Thursday: People Are Dumb
- The title is self-explanatory. I know you walk down the street (or hallways at the law school) and wonder "How are people so dumb?" They are thinking the same about you. For my part, I once dated a girl who thought that Ashton Kutcher was entertaining, so we all have our moments.

That's it. If you want insightful commentary on socio-economic-political issues, this isn't for you. If you want slack-ass comments about seemingly random topics that somehow explain complex theories of behavioral patterns AND baseball, you've found a home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for jinxing me. Up until your post I was undefeated, however, now my beloved Commodores have lost to the mighty Middle Tennessee State University Fighting Klansmen. As a result, I have been informed that I will be put to sleep.

Ass.

October 3, 2005 at 3:15:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home