Thursday, November 04, 2004

Amended "Props" of the Week - Week of November 1

- The following entry has been amended for corrections. All apologies for the misspellings.

Taking the advice of The Texas Pravda*, I am embracing multiculturalism. So, starting today, I will throw out "props" each Thursday.

This week's "props" (visualize me moving my hands up and down, palms facing the ceiling) go to:

Ben Shlomo, or, as the kids call him, "Shlomotion", because he's cool like that.

Shlomotion gets props this week for justifying his thought that we should have an executive with expansive powers by saying the phrase, "I voted for Bush."

Because he made certain people in class groan audibly, and that always makes me laugh, Shlomotion gets "props."

P.S. If I hear another groan after H.Dub has the audacity to say "Scalia," I just might lose it.

* - The Pravda was a propaganda newspaper begun by Lenin. When you read "The Texas Pravda," it should be understood as a reference to The Daily Texan, our school's bastion of impartial journalism.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

k,
1) You mispelled my name. Unlike what my bank statements/registration papers seem to insist, there is no "C" anywhere in my name.
2) There's already a use for the term "Shlomotion," though it has yet to be applied. The term refers to a camera technique of focusing and moving to follow the generation of killing power from the ground through the feet through the torso, across the arms, and into the fist. One day, when I make my movie ("Naked women fighting"), it will be employed liberally.
3) The constitution is paper, and all that matters is who can do the job the best.

November 4, 2004 at 9:03:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home